Seed Sales Specialist – East Anglia
Great opportunity to develop sales of high quality forage seed for a successful seed company
A successful seed company based in East Anglia are keen to appoint an additional seed sales specialist to add to their successful team. This will be a varied sales role involving a lot of contact with agricultural merchants, farmer groups, farmers and agents. Sales Specialists need to be able to give technical advice on the branded forage seed product range including product briefings and information on pricing, varieties, seed market, and agronomy. The company enjoys a large and loyal customer base spread across East Anglia and across the whole country. Another important aspect of this role will be farm visits as necessary, attendance at agricultural events, and occasional farmer meetings. This is a great opportunity for an agricultural sales professional, or a recent agriculture graduate, or an agricultural scientist, to join this small friendly team and to really make their mark. Full training and support will be offered in the first few weeks and months.
For an ambitious individual there will be the opportunity to further develop the range of products marketed; to develop new marketing ideas; and to increase the client base – which is already large and well established.
Recent agriculture graduates with some work experience are encouraged to apply.
Candidate should have:-
- Sound understanding of UK agriculture, and farming, including cropping.
- Knowledge of forage crops, including maize and grass – preferred but not essential.
- An interest in crop agronomy, cultivation techniques and forage conservation.
- Clear communication skills and strong commercial awareness.
- Organised and methodical - able to work on own initiative
- Excellent administrative skills and IT skills.
- Previous agricultural sales experience helpful, but may not be essential.
Location - East Anglia - please call Margaret for precise location
Salary - Competitive package and benefits depending on experience
For further information on this job please do call Margaret Wilkinson on 07921 454473 for a confidential chat or email your CV to email@example.com