Trainee Farm Trader or Commercial Trainee - East Anglia
Great career opportunity for recent graduate with a keen interest in AgriBusiness!
Our client is a leading international agricultural commodity business; they are very well established with farmer customers around the country. This is a great graduate entry level job opportunity to join a well-respected, friendly, and established team. A full training programme is offered to new starters over the first 12 months – and there will also be ongoing career development opportunities for the future.
The Trainee will get involved in all aspects of the business – buying from, selling to, and advising farmers, also logistics, administration, contracts, etc. Alongside the procurement of grain, oil seed rape and pulses, the trainees will also become involved in the supply of high quality seed and fertiliser products to farmers and growers. The role is mainly office based but will involve daily contact with farmers and some farm visits. In addition, there will be regular attendance at agricultural events and farmer meetings.
Candidate requirements: -
- Sound knowledge of the agriculture, arable farming and combinable crops in the UK.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Numeracy, IT literacy and commercial awareness.
- Confident self – starter
- Agricultural qualification – degree/foundation degree/HND preferred, although not essential.
- Full driving licence
- Full training programme at the regional office will be provided over the first 12 months.
Location: East Anglia
Salary: Competitive starting salary package
Please forward your CV or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Margaret on 07921 454473 to discuss this opportunity in more detail.