If you are keen to work on New Holland tractors & products, then this is the job for you! In this exciting permanent role you will be part of a team at our Basildon site working within our pre-production prototype development section. You will work on bringing the next generation of tractors from concept through to production, working with a broad range of engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, fabrication, machining, and component level to full vehicle testing.
- General prototype workshop activities including the construction, reworking and maintenance of our development tractors.
- Discovery and diagnosis of faults, functional problems and durability issues, mechanical, hydraulic, and electric/electronic.
- Building of test rigs for component and structural durability testing.
- Following of test procedures, engineering drawings and electrical schematics.
- Use of machining and fabrication facilities in order to make; functional components to specification, modifications, or test fixtures.
- Use of PC based diagnostic equipment for programming and configuring of development tractors.
- Assisting engineers with routine engineering tests, including use of test equipment, including dynamometers,
- instrumentation, test rigs and data acquisition systems.
- Utilize business enterprise software systems to document and convey required information regarding testing and/or vehicle performance.
- Collect and analyse test data and then formalise the results in a technical report which would include fact based conclusions and recommendations.
- Operation and driving of Agricultural Vehicles and/or test equipment for validation purposes. Track testing and shakedown of development tractors.
- Functional performance testing of tractor sub-systems.
Requirements (including minimum education & years of experience):
- Formal qualification in an engineering related subject e.g. C&G Level3, BTEC ONC/HNC, NVQ Level3, Apprenticeship.
- Must be willing to be flexible/versatile in relation to changing work assignments
- Must be able to take direction, perform routine tasks, and work under minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills and a professional image are required.
- Must have a valid UK driving license.
- Minimum 5 years of Heavy Vehicle/Agricultural or related mechanic experience.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude and fundamental understanding of vehicle driveline, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Driving/operating experience of agricultural vehicles and implements.
- PC skills in email/Word/Excel/PowerPoint programs.
- Fabrication, machining and welding competence.
Who are we?
CNH Industiral is a global leader in the capital goods sector with established industrial experience, a wide range of products and a worldwide presence. Through our brands, CNH Industrial operates in the
agricultural and construction equipment (Case and New Holland brand families), the truck and commercial vehicles (Iveco), and powertrain (FPT Industrial) divisions.
CV’s can be sent to email@example.com with reference “Prototype Technician”
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.