BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – Poultry Lighting
WHAT’S THE JOB? BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Poultry Lighting
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? An AgriTech business delivering intensive livestock farmers with reduced production costs, higher yields and improved animal welfare through the scientific application of tuned lights and data from sensors.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Poultry
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + Commission + Phone & Laptop
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based – Occasional travel to Company Head Office in Edinburgh
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Business Development Manager will have responsibility for the agreement and delivery of the Company’s Core Power & Lights Sales & Marketing Strategy & Revenue Targets. The successful candidate will develop and execute against the business plan, using their knowledge of the market, network contacts, commercial and negotiation skills to play a major part in seizing the market opportunity and supporting the transition of this business from an early stage start-up to a business of scale, through acceleration of direct customer acquisition and revenue growth.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Ambitious driven individual with excellent industry knowledge (especially poultry and swine) and excellent network of relevant contacts
- Proven track record of success in a Business development/sales role within the Agri Tech sector
- Highly commercial individual, with a strategic outlook and pragmatic approach
- The ability to quickly build relationships both internally and eternally, and hit the ground running
- Strong and effective leadership skills
- Recent SME experience – previous larger company experience is also of interest
- Self starter who will drive results
- Influential communicator – required to keep commercial contacts and sales team engaged
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Foreign language skills preferred but not essential
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.