Estate Livestock Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
The South Ormsby Estate are looking for an Estate Livestock Manager to run all aspects of stock management across the estate and help them to create the best farming estate in the world.
Job Title – Estate Livestock Manager
Location – South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary – Competitive base salary 39 hours pw, subsidised accommodation
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past, their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to and the best farming estate in the world!
At South Ormsby Estate we have a pedigree herd of 400+ Original Population Lincoln Red cows, which are on the Rare Breeds Survival Trusts vulnerable list, with only 400+ cows in the UK. We are undergoing organic conversion, accredited Pasture for Life and very biodiversity conscious.
Please refer to the following website for additional information on the South Ormsby Estate and all the working being done there:
We have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Estate Livestock Manager to add value to our existing businesses. We are seeking a candidate with organic pasture for life knowledge and experience, who has a wide range of skills and proven methods to oversee our herd of 400 Original Population Lincoln Reds breeding, Lincoln Red beef boxes and our Lincoln Red milk cheese. They will be in an organic, pasture for life, outdoor 365 days a year system. Additional duties will be successfully running our Lincolnshire Buff organic pasture based breeding, laying and broiler business, heritage organic pasture based turkey business, organic Pasture for Life sheep business, organic wood, pasture heritage pigs. The successful applicant will completely manage the whole of the animals in our care and farming operation.
- Oversee all individual aspects of the farming business, giving support and guidance to every manager and supervisor
- Oversee and inspire farm staff training and development, scheduling and day-to-day management to meet the farm’s goals
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment
- Be aware of potential disease and injury of all animals on the unit
- Work closely with the custodian to develop and model proper and efficient techniques and systems
- Growing each individual business in-line with demand and trends
- Record and document daily work flows, create lists of projects, and generally maintain detailed records including health and safety
- Help with general farm work building, maintenance and other projects
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment
Estate Livestock Manager – Skills & Experience required:
- Passion for working with animals in ecological pasture management and regenerative setting with interest in sharing work with wider farm team and community
- Knowledge, experience and training of organic pasture for life farming
- In-depth understanding of animals with a focus on health, welfare and production
- Knowledge of breeding of pedigree livestock
- Experience with farm machinery and equipment, plus driving truck, tractor, trailer
- Effective time management skills with the ability to priorities tasks and problem solve
- Budget proficient and number orientated
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to communicate and bond well with other staff
- Interest in furthering your knowledge by committing to extra training
- Share our vision in positive proactive way
- Shows attention to detail in all aspects of their work and a commitment to excellence in all areas
- Genuine love of animals
- Must be clean and well-presented at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a background in stock management with livestock experience and genuine love of animals.
Please click ‘Apply’ now.
Apply for Estate Livestock Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly