Plant and Seed - Laboratory Technician - Shropshire
5 days left
- Full Time
Interested in the science behind innovative crop solutions?
If you are looking to put your technical skills to good use and work for a world leader in research and development, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. In compliance with safety regulations you will develop and carry out seed biology experiments and be responsible for the growth and maintenance of seeds, plants and micro-organisms.
You will be part of a friendly and supportive team who value excellent collaborations between their internal and European colleagues. Through its many accomplishments, this business has continued to thrive and as a result the research and development side has expanded. This has enabled opportunities like this one to offer continuous professional development as well as scope for progression.
- Be responsible for the growth and the maintenance of the living material.
- Carry out experiments in controlled conditions by referring to the corresponding standard operating procedures.
- Act as study director, write study plans, monitor the studies and write study reports.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, methodology and study plans.
- Assist in demonstrating the work and capabilities of the Seed Laboratory to visitors.
- You will have a degree in Biology, Plant Sciences, Plant Physiology or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of plant biology and plant physiology together with specific knowledge of seed biology and seed pathology.
- You will have excellent IT skills.
- You will understand statistics applied to lab studies.
- A specific knowledge of Agriculture Research Manager (ARM) software would be advantageous.
- You will be experienced in scientific writing, communication and presentation skills.
- A competitive salary is available.
For more information contact Jane Righton: DD: 01885 485522, Mobile: 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Apply for Plant and Seed - Laboratory Technician - Shropshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly