Field Trials Assistant – Lincolnshire for Farmacy
We are recruiting for a lively and enthusiastic individual to support our agronomic trials and research team working on an exciting range of vegetable, potato and specialist crops.
Farmacy plc was formed in 1999 and successfully provides independent agronomy, environmental, precision and nutritional services to UK growers. We support our clients in all aspects of crop production, environmental sustainability and biodiversity management, delivering value to our clients, but also to the surrounding environment and the rural community.
The role will involve:
· Assisting with design and layout of specialist trials across East Anglia and the East Midlands
· Supporting both the preparation and application of crop inputs.
· Monitoring and recording the effects of inputs through regular crop assessments.
· Utilising ARM software to record data and crop information
· Assisting in the analysis of trials results and outcomes and creating technical reports
Whilst experience in agricultural/horticultural trials would be an asset, it is not essential, as full training in all aspects will be given. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their technical agronomic knowledge of growing and production programmes through regular training days with the agronomy team.
The skills and requirements for this role are as follows:
· Practical, proactive, willing, enthusiastic and self-motivated
· Use initiative and support good decision making
· Have excellent attention to detail
· Prepared to work largely outside from spring to late autumn
· Be flexible with seasonal workload
· Hold a clean driving licence
A competitive salary with a company vehicle is on offer with this exciting role. Further training for personal and professional development, career opportunities and skills development are available through the Farmacy in-house academy training programme.
Please contact Brian Hutchison on 07765 222625 for more information or apply by email with your CV and covering letter to brian@hunterchaseconsultants
Apply for Field Trials Assistant – Lincolnshire for Farmacy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly