AGRICULTURAL DIRECTOR (Romania)
WHAT’S THE JOB? GENERAL MANAGER FARMS (ROMANIA) / AGRICULTURAL DIRECTOR
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? An Agricultural Organisation with c10,000ha of prime farmland in Romania across multiple sites. With traditional and niche produce for the general and specialised markets this organisation is seeking a dynamic individual aligned with their goals and ambitions. With state of the art facilities, infrastructure and plant they are invested in a long term plan for success.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? FARMING - Romania
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Rewarding salary + benefits package
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Romania
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Being the General Manager / Agricultural Director you will be tasked with the day – to day management of the operations across three farms in Romania with a total area close to 10,000ha.
- Managing 3 conventional farms totalling 10,000 ha in operations the East and the West of Romania
- Evaluating agricultural trends in Europe/World and proposing new production options both on conventional/ intensive farming space
- Follow-up of national and international markets to optimize procurement of inputs/ sale of the outputs
- Day-to-day management/ coordination of activities in all farms through farm managers
- Follow-up of up-to-date budget/ cash flow forecasts. Frequent reporting to the managing partners about operational matters
- Planning/executing investment projects in the farms. Coordinating yearly CAPEX planning for the farms
- Compiling crop strategy/ input planning for each farm and presenting them to the managing partners
- Overlooking land purchase/swap/rental operations
- Recruitment, hiring, and training of Farm management team
- Relationship management with Authorities, Local Government and Agricultural ministry
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural or other related fields
- Extensive experience in agricultural practice is required and at least 5 years in a similar role
- A track record of success working in a cooperative team environment requiring a high level of planning, communication, and documentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good communication (spoken and written) in English is mandatory
- Past experience in intensive farming activities and/or niche production categories such as bio production, non-grain high profit crops or fruit growing.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
So, we’ve caught your eye with this role? If you are a dynamic professional in the Senior Echelons of Farm Management and want to join this dynamic organisation, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and where you want your successful career to head. Upon receipt we can issue a full Job Description. You can send it directly to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for AGRICULTURAL DIRECTOR (Romania)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly