COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR - Sensor and Data Service Business Line
WHAT’S THE JOB? COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR – Sensor and Data Service Business Line
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? An AgriTech business delivering intensive livestock farmers with reduced production costs, higher yields and improved animal welfare through the scientific application of tuned lights and data from sensors.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Poultry
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? A mixture of base salary, on-target bonus, company EMI options and other staff benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based– Occasional travel to Company Head Office in Edinburgh.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
This is a strategic role with overall responsibility for strategic planning, reporting to the CEO, for the plan, development and implementation of commercial strategies that reflect the objectives and priorities of the business according to the company goals. Day to Day management of retailers and wholesalers alike, instigating growth plans and joint business agreements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating an operating plan, including revenue targets and costs; route to market plans, products plans, definition of any new products, commercial value proposition and pricing model, marketing, including presenting at conferences and engagement with Key Opinion Leaders.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- A veterinary qualification
- Worked in or have knowledge of the poultry industry with an understanding of precision agriculture and developments in data science
- A strong network that can demonstrably help GGA commercially in the short-term
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for working in a small and reasonably intense start-up company environment
- An ability to spend time working in the office at Roslin, Edinburgh with the GGA team and also visiting customers
- Demonstrable leadership qualities, ability to inspire people around a challenging vision and empathetic values, in an environment of stretched resources
- Action based results orientated management style with the ability to engage others with strong commercial and financial acumen
- Previous experience of leading cross functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of leading/managing a product line in a SAAS/IoT/data driven environment
- Previous experience or involvement in fund raising activities/grant applications etc
- A solid track record of building strong relationships with board level stakeholders, investors, customers, and direct reports
- Excellent communication skills
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.