PORTMAN BURTLEY ESTATE
Farm Assistant – 900 acres
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to work on of one of the foremost organic beef units in the country.
The business comprises 900 acres of grass and arable, a herd of 250 head of pedigree South Devons and Simmentals, 100 crossbred sheep, modern farm buildings and a number of diverse estate activities.
The candidate will report directly to the Farm Manager, and will need to demonstrate excellence in all aspects of general farm work and cattle management.
- Reporting directly to the Farm Manager
- Assisting with the day to day management of the Farm
- Management of the beef herd
- Management of the sheep flock
- Machinery and tractor work
- General estate duties
- Good communication skills
- Technically competent
- Tractor and machinery experience
- Livestock husbandry skills
- Environmentally aware
- Experience of Estate matters
The salary will reflect experience. The package also includes training courses, use of communal farm vehicle and pension scheme. Please note accommodation is not provided. Support with relocating can be provided for the right applicant.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be made in writing with a full CV by midnight on the 11th of July 2021 to:
Tom Cackett – Savills
Wytham Court, 11 West Way, Oxford, OX2 0QL
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.
Apply for Farm Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly