Manager for Sustainable Production - Agri-Food Supply Chain
This is a chance for you to play a significant role in the managing of carbon and environmental sustainability in the Dairy supply chain.
We need someone who has a great understanding of dairy farming, milk production, carbon sequestration and minimising environmental impact. Equally important - you will need to be able to discuss this in an easily understandable way to farmers, milk buyers, processors and retailers, in order to help shape practices to deliver sustainability in the milk supply chain.
This is a new role and is based in the UK. It is a mix of working from the office, working from home and travelling round farmers in the main milk field areas of North Wales, Cheshire and the south West. You will be working for one of the largest dairy supply and process businesses in Europe, with all the advantages and opportunities that brings.
You will be able to use your knowledge and communication skills to devise and deliver sustainability strategies at a farm
level but also to all internal and external businesses and partners in entire supply chain.
Other things you will be doing day to day:
- Keep abreast of the latest industry sustainability initiatives and emerging trends
- Provide leadership and management support to the milk procurement team on farm level sustainability
- Develop a new or improve an existing improve data capture system ensuring it delivers targeted and effective
- Help farmers set standards and objectives to achieve agreed sustainability targets
- Work with and influence internal teams to ensure consistency of actions and messages on sustainability
- Provide expert knowledge and guidance on environmental legislation and compliance
You will have:
- In-depth understanding of milk production and how it impacts on the environment
- Proven work experience in dairy farming or dairy food manufacturing
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to manage supplier-customer relationships in the farming, dairy or food manufacturing sector
- A degree or degree level in a relevant subject
- Be happy to work using your own initiative, but in a supportive and structured business
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent communication, people managing and organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Full UK driving licence
- Senior level salary
- Performance related bonus
- Good contributory pension
- Car Allowance
To apply for this significant new career opportunity:
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda on DDI: 01885 485524 Mobile: 07730 218934
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.