TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
WHAT’S THE JOB? TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A long-established agricultural machinery manufacturer headquartered in mainland Europe and with a presence in the UK market for many years. The company focuses on a specific product group, with decades of expertise in this sector, and has a comprehensive portfolio subject to regular R&D to appeal to farmers and contractors of all sizes.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural Machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Attractive basic salary with OTE + vehicle + benefits package
WHAT’S THE TERRITORY? Scotland, Cumbria & Northumberland
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Responsible for growing sales within the assigned territory, managing and developing the Company’s dealer partners to achieve annual business plan targets, this is a highly varied role whose principal activities include regular dealer and end user sales visits, demonstrations, participation at local, regional and national exhibitions, open days, dealer training and factory visits. Home based and with regular travel, the role reports to the UK Sales Director.
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- Your career background is a sales role within the agricultural machinery sector, showing a target-driven mindset and sustained commercial success
- Your knowledge of the UK agricultural machinery sector will be first-class, including up to date awareness of dealer franchise changes and the competitive landscape
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key: you should be naturally persuasive with the ability to form long-lasting and profitable professional relationships
- Hands-on practical knowledge of modern agricultural machinery is required; you’re operator-friendly, able to set up and demonstrate machinery
- You’ll have the ability to analyse competitors’ products and articulate the benefits of your own portfolio within a competitive marketplace, conducting dealer sales and product training to ensure high standards of dealer competence
- You will be a proven self-starter with good organisational and planning skills
- You’ll have experience of setting up exhibition stands and working demonstrations and have participated at national and regional events and dealer open days
- A full clean UK driving licence is required, you should be prepared to travel regularly within the UK and occasionally overseas, and reside centrally within the territory
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you are that motivated, commercially experienced sales professional who loves their agricultural machinery with a passion we would love to hear from you. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself. You can send this directly to us - email@example.com