Senior Pig Stockperson
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for an experienced Indoor Senior Pig Stockperson for a multi-site pig farm in North Yorkshire.
The modern enterprise is a well-established family-run farm. It is a multi-site indoor pig production business with a 1400 sow breeding unit, a state-of-the-art nursery and finishing unit, and further offsite finishing units.
The farm has undergone an extensive period of development and growth, so they are always on the lookout for energetic and enthusiastic people to join their team.
- Working on a modern, wet fed feeding system in the main nursery
- Working in the finishing unit
- Experience with liquid feeding systems and Skov ventilation would be an advantage, but training can be provided
- Computer literacy is an advantage due to the technology used on the farms.
- Skilled and experienced team leader or experienced stock person looking for the next step up
- Ideally, the right candidate would possess knowledge of modern finishing pig techniques
- You should possess the ability to think on your feet, lead a small team, input suggestions and ideas and use your initiative to problem solve
Salary guide: £30,000 - £40,000 (d.o.e)
A house on the farm is also available for the right candidate.