UK Technical Manager – Sports Turf and Amenity
5 days left
- Full Time
A varied technical management role with a successful company supplying a wide-ranging portfolio of products to the Sports Turf sector. This varied role could appeal to an agronomist, research agronomist, or technical support professional, currently working in the Agricultural sector, or the Amenity sector, and seeking a new and interesting challenge.
The role will involve:
- Management of the technical elements of the company's product portfolio including innovation, new product development, maintenance of existing products, supplier contact and product stewardship.
- Design, roll out and deliver product development projects within agreed timescales to compliment the seasons and agreed budgets.
- Design, implement, set protocols and manage sports turf trial site. Prepare products for external trial work.
- Develop and continue to bring a board innovation to the sports turf category to ensure sustainability for the future and create robust plans to ensure company compliance with regulatory changes.
- Network with the scientific sector to identify and develop technological advancements in the sports turf / amenity industry.
- Provide training and regular communication with in-field team. Daily technical support to the business.
- Help to develop core positioning and messaging for the company.
- Present within the industry, at team meetings and events, and raise personal profile by networking with relevant industry bodies.
- Monitor, report and improve product performance.
- Be recognized as a leader in the business and build relations with all staff.
- Deliver a regular (e.g. monthly) technical report to the business.
- Educated to MSc or equivalent Science degree with honours (Sports Turf / Agronomy / Biology / Agricultural Science or Crop Protection)
- Proven knowledge and commercial understanding of sports turf nutrition and/or plant protection products.
- Experience in running trials of nutrition or agrochemical products
- A proven and solid network of contacts within the agrochemical / sports turf industry
- Strong communication and I.T skills
- Presentation skills with a high level of technical ability
- Management and leadership skills
Location: Home based with UK travel
Salary: Generous package including company car and pension
Please call Margaret Wilkinson for further details and a full job profile on 07921 454473 or email your CV to email@example.com
Apply for UK Technical Manager – Sports Turf and Amenity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly