Seed Production Specialist
We are pleased to announce the recruitment, at the earliest opportunity, of a Seed Production Specialist within the KWS UK Commercial team to support seed production, quality control and administration processes from the field production, through certification and dispatch of the finished product. This work opportunity is a Full-Time Permanent position.
This position will assist in assessing crop purity and suitability for intended use. Co-ordinating with Commercial and Production Teams and liaising with growers to identify crop issues and find solutions. As crop gets harvested working closely with the seed processing plant to assist with scheduling and administering certification and production processes.
- Assisting with the coordination and supervision of all aspects of Quality Control on our contract seed crops to ensure they meet the high standards expected by KWS.
- Monitor crops providing accurate feedback and liaison with our network of contract growing partners.
- Coordinating and supporting relevant stakeholders to ensure certification and legislation is followed and deadlines are met.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and operational activities of bringing seed from farm, through the plant and finished product delivery out to customers.
- Support the creation, materials allocation and reporting of production orders on our SAP system including quality control information.
- Monitor and review crop production and process efficiencies.
- Commercially Aware – ideally with experience in the arable production and distribution.
- A licenced crop inspector or willingness to become licenced
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous
- Able to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and be able to work unsupervised
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Familiar with MS Office Application
Would you like to develop your potential and grow at KWS? Then we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter, resume and relevant references) via our online portal!
KWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet, cereals, potato, rapeseed, sunflowers and vegetables. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.700 employees represent KWS in more than 70 countries. For more information: www.kws.com/career. Follow us on LinkedIn® at https://linkedin.com/company/kwsgroup/.