REGIONAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
WHAT’S THE JOB? REGIONAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Enjoying an impressive and growing market share since it first entered the UK market, this major European-Headquartered agricultural machinery manufacturer is the recipient of many prestigious industry awards. Maintaining a strong focus on Research and Development, the Company has followed a pioneering path in terms of the output, quality and technology used in its market-leading products and enjoys an excellent brand status in the industry. The Company’s products are the machines of choice for many leading and progressive farming operations throughout the world, and in the UK market are a byword for high output, quality and innovation.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? With an impressive salary, quality Company car and benefits
WHAT’S THE TERRITORY? Eastern England and Scotland
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE. Responsible for working directly with the dealer network to support all products in the designated area. Working autonomously, you will keep dealers informed of technical developments as well as handling all dealer technical enquiries, overseeing warranty claims, delivering local dealer training, product demonstrations and installations. This is a home-based role with regular travel throughout the assigned territory and occasional overseas travel for training, and is open to applicants with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong field service experience and thorough technical knowledge of complex contemporary agricultural machinery with a strong passion for their sector.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have an impressive agricultural engineering background, either from a dealer service department or a manufacturer technical support role, ideally with a recognised technical qualification, experienced in electronics, hydraulics, general mechanics and precision technology systems – RTK, Isobus etc
- Your background could include management experience as a dealer service manager or a regional technical support manager, and from this you’ll bring a very well-developed portfolio of customer service and customer management skills to the role
- You’ll have spent time in the tractor seat, be familiar with the operation of various implements and precision technology systems and how to set up and optimise machinery for excellent in-field performance
- You’ll have a good standard of IT literacy including Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and have experience with manufacturer service and warranty systems
- We’ll need to know that you have good organisational abilities, possess a resourceful problem-solving attitude and the ability to manage and close down customer dispute situations to successful outcomes
- The ability to form healthy working relationships with colleagues and dealer staff is critical to the success of the role – you’re in your element discussing complex technical and customer service issues
- With a clean driving licence, you should reside along the A1 corridor (preferably between York and Edinburgh), and be prepared to travel regularly within the UK and occasionally overseas
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? So, if this sounds like you, you’re positively motivated by the opportunity to join one of the top brands within the agricultural machinery manufacturer sector and have the necessary technical and personal attributes to perform to a high standard, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself You can send it directly to us - email@example.com
Apply for REGIONAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly