We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Farm Manager to become a key member of our Shuttleworth College team.
Kingshill Farm comprises 98ha of arable and grassland and a herd of Red Poll Cattle. In addition, sheep are grazed on site from October to May and lamb indoors at the start of the year. Arable cropping includes winter wheat, spring barley, sugar beet and spring peas.
As a Farm Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Managing the operation of Kingshill Farm at Shuttleworth College, so as to provide a realistic commercial farm environment to be used as a resource for land-based students.
- Contributing to the strategic development of the farm as a resource for all students engaging in environmental and land-based learning.
- Liaising with college staff regarding the operation of the farm and the provision and preparation of suitable student practical activities.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of farm management and recent successful experience of working within the agricultural industry, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4/5 qualification in Agriculture
- Competency certificates in forklift operations and pesticide operations
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
Circa £30,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays per annum
Accommodation to be discussed at interview.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
The closing date for applications is 9th August 2021
Interviews will be held on 19th August 2021.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.