As Purchasing Manager, you will be instrumental in managing the Inventory, liaising with the Warehouse Manager on stock control and goods in, ensuring concise stock controls and in overseeing regular stock takes.
This is a key role where you will be given responsibility for ensuring the adequate supply of raw materials and parts for a well-established and progressive agricultural machinery manufacturer.
Whilst agricultural parts experience is desirable, it is not essential if you can demonstrate a good understanding of working with parts in other industries.
If you are seeking a new challenge and have previous experience in a similar procurement type role, I would love to hear from you.
The role and responsibilities:
- Create budgets and forecasts and work towards monthly targets and KPIs
- Increase the use of existing software to improve stock control and traceability
- Visit and meet suppliers to build relationships, negotiate competitive pricing and ensure our clients needs are met as a customer
- Review purchasing practices to ensure our buying strategies are competitive as well as considerate of environmental concerns (waste reduction, etc.)
- Attendance at agricultural shows to assess the market, new technologies and build contacts
Essential Skills & Experience
- Proven procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literacy
- Possess financial acumen
- Competitive base salary + performance driven bonus
- NEST Pension
- 28 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company phone, workwear etc
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda Latham on DDI: 01885 485524 Mobile: 07730 218934
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.