WHAT’S THE JOB? FARM ASSESSOR - POULTRY
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well-regarded organisation focused on prioritising animal health and care from farm to fork, endorsing and promoting the best standards of animal welfare for UK farming
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Livestock (Poultry)
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Home based role within a supportive work environment, rewarded with a competitive salary + vehicle (work and personal use) + healthcare + pension
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Shropshire / Cheshire / Wrexham
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? In this exciting and varied role, you will visit RSPCA Assured farms to carry out assessments of RSPCA welfare standards. You will also write farm reports to record and support membership of the RSPCA Assured scheme.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- An agricultural qualification at least NVQ 3 and above
- Recognised practical experience of livestock production particularly commercial Poultry farming, preferably over multi site operations
- Experience or proven background in being able to write reports/audits not just ‘on farm’ experience as the role is not ‘hands on’ with livestock as such
- Ability and track record of having travelled and managed own workload, daily schedule planning – will be away from home travelling a lot
- An ability to travel extensively within your area
- Within your previous roles had interaction with Managers/Owners/Farmers at various levels as the visits and audits will need this communication ability
- A keen attention to detail, with first-rate communication skills at all levels.
- You should share the animal welfare values and ethics of the RSPCA Assured scheme
- A working knowledge of RSPCA Assured scheme and other farm assurance schemes is desirable
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Get in touch with James Trett for more details and a confidential one-to-one at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07769 697843
Please note that this is an exclusive recruitment campaign; any direct applications to the RSPCA Assured will be redirected and may delay your application.