Do you know logistics? Have you proven your knowledge in import and export regulations and are now seeking a new challenge? My client is a world leader in plant breeding and seed and they are looking for a dynamic logistics co-ordinator to join their small team in Lincolnshire. The successful candidate will provide and manage an efficient, timely and cost-effective service for the importation and distribution of company products with the UK and overseas.
This role is varied and fast paced and you will be responsible for the following tasks, although not limited to:
- Deputising for Site Manager.
- Assisting in production planning and purchasing of packaging, chemicals and non-tradable goods.
- Documentation regarding transportation of goods in the UK and imports/exports from overseas.
- The coordination and planning of transportation of goods in the UK and overseas.
- Liaison with both external and internal customers/suppliers to provide a quality and cost-effective service.
- Administration of the warehouse management system and works orders when necessary.
- Ensure work confirms with all internal and external regulations.
- Authorising haulier payments as well as negotiating with hauliers in conjunction with Director of processing & logistics.
- Excellent Logistical skills.
- Strong knowledge of import and export legislation and DEFRA regulations.
- Experience of international shipping.
- High degree of customer service.
- Strong IT skills and ability.
- Administration and organisation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Full clean UK Drivers Licence.
Your Offer: A competitive salary and excellent employee benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Want to know more?
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01885 485525.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.