This is a big, high profile role with extensive responsibilities. If you are looking to get to the top then this is one for you.
As Head of Sales for Feed Ingredients you will be working for a true global leader that operates across the entire food supply chain in over 70 countries. You will be part of the senior management team and you will have accountability for delivering, profit, sales strategy as well as maximising synergy between all teams.
This can be a home based role, however regular office visits to different sites around the country will be expected. You will be covering the UK.
To excel in this career defining opportunity, you will already have had senior commercial management experience, with a good knowledge of the UK agricultural feed and food supply chain sector. An understanding of the ruminant key market drivers will be an advantage. You will be a leader of people with a collaborative approach, a keen eye for profit making detail but with a sharp appreciation of how to maximise commercial advantages in a competitive market.
What this role will give you;
- A high profile in the industry
- A serious salary and benefits package to match the seniority of the role
- Chance to work one of the best global players in the food Supply Chain who have a friendly and inclusive culture
- Autonomy, responsibility and accountability
- Flexibility to work from home and/or offices
- Travel within the UK as well as other parts of the company's global territory
- The chance to make the most of your developed management skills
Key Role Objectives;
- Develop successful commercial plans with key stakeholders; agreeing campaign strategies, optimum routes to market and a pricing framework for each product to deliver agreed sales budgets.
- Lead the sales teams and ensure the targeting and retention of new and existing accounts, with focus on contribution potential by account.
- Ensure that contracts and trading controls are adhered in line with agreed sales practices and pricing frameworks.
- Effective collaboration with other Category Heads to maximise synergy between teams and other supply chain products
- Manage the smooth integration of new business/products into the Feed Ingredients sales portfolio.
- Lead, motivate and develop the sales management team in order to maximise performance, develop skills and promote succession.
- Proactively support the management of complaints to ensure proactive resolution is reached, and risk of recurrence is mitigated.
- Ensure internal stakeholders are clear on the sales strategy, including the status of existing accounts, ambitions for growth, financial risk and tactics to manage risk.
- Proven experience in a senior commercial position with exposure to strategic sales account management.
- Good knowledge of the agricultural industry with an understanding of ruminant key market drivers and supply chains to the customer.
- Exposure to B2C and B2B business propositions.
- Solid experience of business planning and driving improvements in performance.
- Proven experience of using advanced negotiation techniques to build and manage sustainable trading partnerships.
- Demonstrable experience of forging effective communication networks.
- Experience of developing functional and cross functional expertise.
- Strong understanding of pricing and the variables that influence it, including raw material markets and matrix values.
Salary and Package;
A great salary and benefits package for the right person. Car/car allowance, performance bonus.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.