WHAT’S THE JOB? GAME FEED ACCOUNT MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well-respected game feed manufacturer
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Game
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + Company Car + Bonus
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based in South West England
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
To undertake account management activities to deliver personal annual sales objectives which support the delivery of the species sales strategy.
Contribute to the delivery of the game sales strategy and account plans through the achievement of budgetary targets in terms of sales margins, cost of sales and debtor performance, with the objective of taking maximum advantage of market conditions and competitor activity.
Liaise with internal stakeholders to deliver account plans which support the delivery of the species sales strategy and achieve account goals.
Create customer value through innovative sales propositions and undertake individual visits, contract negotiations etc.
Manage a personal ledger by building and sustaining strong relationships which engender trust in both account management and technical competence.
Support business improvement initiatives around the areas of forecasting, pricing processes, portfolio rationalisation, service flexibility, KPIs, technical performance data and on farm health and safety.
Support the positive management of complaints to ensure that a resolution is reached by following internal procedures.
Collaborate with the Marketing Team and support the identification of opportunities to raise the clients’ industry profile as the supplier of choice.
Act as the champion for the game sector and capitalise all opportunities to educate and develop other functions (eg Customer Support) to ensure they develop a wider understanding and appreciation of the industry.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Experience of strategic account management
- Proven sales experience
- Good knowledge of the agricultural industry with an understanding of the game key market drivers and competitor activity
- Understanding of UK gamebird production and the supply chain to the customer
- Understanding of how industry issues (welfare, economic, legislative etc) impact the customer
- Good commercial experience with exposure to B2C and B2B business propositions
- Understanding of how to drive improvements in performance
- Experience of using negotiation techniques to build and manage sustainable trading partnerships
- Experience of forging effective communication networks
- Experience of working in a matrix environment which draws on functional and cross functional expertise
- Understanding of pricing and the variables that influence it, including raw material markets and matrix values
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to foster influential relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to sell concepts in a compelling way
- Ability to support colleagues to facilitate high performance and the development of robust and mutually profitable partnerships with both existing and potential customers
- Commitment to drive performance and risk management to optimise business delivery
- Good commercial and financial acumen with the ability to prioritise business focus and resources
- Willingness to challenge with clarity and insight
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to support the development of the species team with the relevant skills and culture to meet future customer and business needs
- Ability to participate in cross functional initiatives that support the delivery of wider Compounds business goals
- Basic IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel spreadsheets
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.