WHAT’S THE JOB? STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well respected animal health and nutrition business
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Poultry
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + Car / Allowance + Excellent Bonus & Healthcare
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based in Central England – occasional travel to Head Office
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE To oversee the strategic and day to day management of a specific, national account to facilitate a strong customer relationship and a mutually profitable partnership.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the leadership team providing knowledge and insight to deliver robust decision making at a senior level. In the role they will also be required to provide wider strategic support to the feed business, representing the commercial functions that are focused on improving service and customer experience.
Also leading feed projects and other activity related to broader commercial strategy.
The role split will be circa 60% account management and 40% project / commercial strategy and the role holder would be seen as a key influencer within the wider poultry industry.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Proven experience of strategic account management
- Comprehensive sales experience
- Good knowledge of the agricultural industry with an understanding of poultry key market drivers and competitor activity
- Understanding of UK poultry production and the supply chain to the customer
- Understanding of how industry issues (welfare, economic, legislative etc) impact the customer
- Good commercial experience with exposure to B2B business propositions
- Good understanding of business planning and driving improvements in performance
- Proven experience of using negotiation techniques to build and manage sustainable trading partnerships
- Demonstrable experience of forging effective communication networks
- Understanding of pricing and the variables that influence it, including raw material markets etc
- Successfully completed the Feed Adviser Register (FAR) modules one and two training
- Practical poultry management experience
- Full UK driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.