WHAT’S THE JOB? OPERATIONS MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well-known and respected supply chain specialist with over 20 years' expertise.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Poultry and Game Supplies
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package & Laptop
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Norfolk / Suffolk border
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
- To co-ordinate the office and warehouse staff to organise workload in line with customer orders
- To plan and organise work to ensure objectives and targets are achieved at maximum efficiency and within budgeted costs
- Day to Day management of retailers and wholesalers alike, instigating growth plans and joint business agreements
- Develop strong relationships with customers and other users who require our client’s knowledge and expertise
- To ensure stock is kept at suitable levels to fulfil orders
- Continual assessment of procedures and processes to maintain efficiency
- Management of work facilities and equipment ensuring they are maintained to requirements
- Provide training of operatives and the maintenance of harmonious working relations
- Work alongside other agri group businesses as well as being the first link to the parent group
- Keep the local business in line with HSE and agricultural legislation
- Prepare reports on production output levels and associated costs
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You will need to be a well organised, ambitious, driven individual with people management experience
- Strong agricultural knowledge, preferably with experience in the Poultry sector
- Understanding of lead time for orders vs stock and supply
- Strong communication skills, ability to interface confidently internally and externally, at all levels is a prerequisite
- An SQP in Animal Health would be preferential but training will be given should it be required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Delivery of great customer service
- Demonstrate flexibility, reliability and enthusiasm for the role
- Take full accountability for all decisions and how they impact the company
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.