WHAT’S THE JOB? PRODUCT MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A highly significant premium brand player in the worldwide agricultural machinery market.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? With an excellent all-round package including extensive benefits and the opportunity for personal development and future career progression.
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? South-East England
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? A true ‘go-to’ position, this is a role in which you are the key point of contact for all technical performance, specification and market information matters for a specific range of products. Additional responsibilities will include product training, market and competitor analysis, liaison with factory-based product management and development teams as the eyes and ears of the UK market, dealer and end user support, product launches and demonstrations.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll have a career background fully immersed in the agricultural machinery world for a few years, displaying a true passion for product development and technology, product and customer focused
- Analytically minded and with good organisational skills, you will appreciate the need for collating market intelligence, competitor information and customer insights, interpreting and presenting these to inform specification changes and marketing tactics
- You’ll have a clear understanding of the connection between expertise in product knowledge and commercial results, with a healthy knowledge of sales and marketing activities, brand positioning, market shares and customer demands
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential – you’re a natural relationship builder at ease in the company of operators and farming professionals, dealer sales and technical teams, colleagues through to senior management
- You’ll have hands-on operator experience yourself, and be up to speed with the latest technical developments, comfortable with using complex agricultural machinery and technology systems
- Knowledge is power! You are naturally inquisitive, always seeking learning opportunities
- Your IT skills will be of a high standard including MS Office and CRM as well as being comfortable delivering presentations to a variety of audiences both in field and in the classroom
- Whilst an agriculture-related degree would be useful, we are more interested in your passion for product management and development (this doesn’t require an engineering qualification) and your ability to articulate this passion to end users, dealers and colleagues alike
- Living in South-East England or prepared to relocate, you will be comfortable with regular travel within the UK and occasionally overseas and possess a clean driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re all about the product, have excellent people skills and a solid grounding in the agricultural machinery world we want to hear from you! This excellent role is very well rewarded and sits at the heart of an exceptional product portfolio you will want to be part of. Send us a copy of your CV (in complete confidence) and a few lines about you and your career ambitions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org