Job Advert – Head of Dyson Farming Research
Dyson Farming is the pre-eminent commercial farming business in the UK. Extending to 35,000 acres and operating across a diverse range of enterprises the company has developed rapidly since its inception in 2012. Dyson Farming aims to deliver profit and asset growth through good management and innovation.
About the role
The overarching ethos of this role is to support the company’s strategic objective of being a ‘beacon of excellence’ within UK agriculture. The Head of Dyson Farming Research also will pay a crucial part in the delivery of the company’s vision around the core pillars of innovation and sustainability.
The role will be firmly linked with the company’s farming enterprise to support its requirements within the overall research, trials and development programmes. Close collaboration will allow the successful candidate to proactively identify new technology and strategies to support our pioneering farming activities.
This role will also be responsible for the successful development of Dyson’s external research and knowledge transfer division, Green Crop Information which is currently focussed on the provision of independent insight in crop management to clients. The successful candidate will identify the critical areas of interest and oversee the effective delivery of information. Given the scale of change and challenges facing our industry, there will be a need to focus on alternative farming strategies, natural capital and carbon as well as ecology, with a requirement to outline clear, meaningful and valuable opportunities to all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- have experience of research and delivery of Knowledge Transfer programmes;
- take a visionary and strategic approach to the practical delivery of farming research and innovation;
- be results driven, self-motivated with a genuine interest in farming, food and the environment and a desire to enhance the contribution of UK farming;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in particular the ability to distil complex information at a level tailored to the audience; and
- be experienced in creating and managing budgets and successfully delivering on financial targets
- demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence to successfully collaborate, motivate and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
Familiarity with UK, EU and Global research programmes is desirable.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.