WHAT’S THE JOB? EXPERIENCED DIESEL ENGINE TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A customer service-oriented organisation working at the highest levels of technical support, representing a world-class diesel engine manufacturer whose products are used in a wide variety of applications and sectors including mining, marine, offshore, military and agriculture.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Diesel engines
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent earnings potential, quality service vehicle plus bonus and benefits
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? Central England with regular travel, UK and overseas
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? Part of a small team of technical specialists with first-class diesel engine technical skills and a highly customer focused approach, this is a role where minimising downtime through high standards of work is the principal objective. You will travel regularly to a variety of environments through the UK and at times overseas to provide a technical solution to various breakdown situations as well as regular servicing and maintenance schedules. Extensive and on-going training is integral to the position in order to maintain exceptional standards of workmanship, with a close working relationship with the Company’s production, engineering and quality control departments including root cause analysis, online service tools and warranty systems. For the right candidate the role could also include day-to-day running of the Company’s service function.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll be trained to a high standard in industrial diesel engine technology either to degree level or via a technical apprenticeship
- Your technical experience should be up to date in terms of current technologies, with in-depth knowledge of engines and engine management systems, electrohydraulic systems, and complex diagnostic processes
- You’ll be seriously customer service focused, upholding a positive, can-do attitude to all repair and breakdown situations
- You’ll be flexible on travelling, sometimes at short notice, and on occasion, overseas
- Your career background will be from within the marine, military, construction and heavy plant or agricultural machinery sectors – you’ll be passionate about medium to high horsepower diesel engines
- We’ll need to know that you take pride in your work and will go the extra mile to get the job done, keeping calm under pressure in a fast=paced work environment
- Experience in running a team of engineers or service department would be useful but not essential – this role is all about customer and task management skills
- You’ll have a good personal collection of hand tools including spanners, sockets etc – specialist tools will be provided
- Your communication and interpersonal skills should be well developed, with a strong emphasis on customer service, and you will have a good all-round standard of IT literacy
- You’ll be resident in or prepared to relocate to Central England, possess a clean driving licence and have the flexibility to travel regularly within the UK and overseas
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a motivated individual keen to progress your career with one of the key players in the global diesel engine market and have top-level technical and customer service skills we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and your career to date. You can send it directly to us on email@example.com