WHAT’S THE JOB? RESEARCH ASSISTANT
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A dynamic technology-based company developing innovative and patented precision agriculture products which allow inputs and efficiency to be controlled alongside increasing yields. Innovation and simplicity make this company a successful organisation to represent and work for.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Precision Agriculture Technology / Crop Protection
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Good headline salary + benefits, 23 days holiday
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Cotswolds
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? Based at the Company’s Research Centre, fully equipped with state-of-the-art testing facilities and resources, the principal focus of the role will be contributing to the Company’s R&D Programme, assistance in developing, using and maintaining research equipment, generation of empirical data from laboratory and field based activities, assistance in procuring materials and components for research work and handling of data.
WHAT QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- You’ll have a scientific / engineering degree level qualification ideally within an agricultural / agronomic/ crop science context
- Your background should include significant involvement in crop science research, preferably geared towards accuracy and efficiency in everyday farming practices
- Experience in Fluid Dynamics would be valued
- You’ll recognise the commercial impact of research and product development
- You’ll have experience in trial design within an agricultural environment and you will be familiar with laboratory procedures
- The ability to handle, analyse and record large data is essential
- You’ll be practically minded, work well in a collaborative small team environment and contribute positively to ideas generation sessions
- A well-developed range of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills is essential; the role requires a high degree of self-motivation, organisational ability and time management skills
- A good all-round standard of IT literacy is a given, including MS Office applications
- Located in the Cotswolds, you will possess a full, clean UK driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? So, if this has caught your eye and you’ve got a strong agricultural research background and want to be part of a team at the forefront of crop science technology, we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself. You can send it directly to us – firstname.lastname@example.org