WHAT’S THE JOB? PRODUCTION MANAGER
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? This family owned major European business has been established nearly 100 years and its UK representation markets c30,000 tonnes of seed annually. The quality and value of the company and its varieties stems from the knowledge, experience, skills and dedication of the team. Driven by passion and the desire to be the best, this company delivers the highest quality standards in the sector.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? SEED POTATOES
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + Pick Up Truck, Pension + usual benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Home Based either in Yorkshire, Northumberland or the Borders
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
- You will progress with a structured and detailed program from the best in the business, enabling you to develop new skills
- You will be responsible for all commercial and Pre-Basic seed multiplication and growing operations
- Planning seed production for in-house operation, including field selection, variety matching, fertiliser choice and application and all other aspects of agronomy in the field
- Planning irrigation scheduling and supervise application
- Managing the storage of crop, including loading, curing grading and packing scheduling to match seed sales department and GM requirements
- Planning and achieving grading and packing to match delivery schedules
- Achieving maximum efficiency throughout storage and grading operations
- Management of all staff and contractors involved in the production system
- Manage the Health and Safety of sites
- Management of Quality Assurance protocols
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- There will be a lot of travel throughout the area to growers and customers to understand their needs and concerns to add value to your services you are able to offer
- Visit growers, inspect and report on their growing and storage conditions, being able to offer advice through your resources
- There will be opportunities for networking and expanding your knowledge and presence in the sector. You will be expected to attend many events both in the UK and overseas to build your network of contacts
- This role is open to trainees and experience individuals within the industry
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Degree level education preferred
- Excellent potato knowledge including storage of potatoes
- Potato production experience and ideally seed experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Seed experience and/or sales is a distinct advantage
- Computer literacy essential (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Social Media)
- Strong organisational, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- High energy level
- Professional appearance/manners
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.