WHAT’S THE JOB? MANAGING DIRECTOR
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A well-known and long-established multi-site agricultural machinery dealership representing a global tractor and harvesting brand along with many other prestigious machinery franchises.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? With an excellent salary package reflecting the responsibility of the position
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? South Central England
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? Governing overall Company performance, the Managing Director is fully accountable for all aspects of the business including P&L, Health and Safety, people and culture, sales and aftersales. The Managing Director’s performance will be measured by a number of quantitative and qualitative key performance indicators agreed with the Board of Directors in line with the defined strategy and long-term growth objectives. The Managing Director will be visible and approachable both internally and externally and will act in a strong ambassadorial manner in representing the Company and its values at all times.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re a successful, sales-driven senior manager having achieved career progression on merit and sustainable sales and commercial success within the agricultural capital equipment sector
- You’re seeking further career development and possess the requisite drive and energy to succeed at the highest level
- You’ll have a thorough knowledge of farming and understand the challenges, mindset and buying habits of a well-informed customer base of farming professionals
- A successful background in team leadership is a key requirement – not only can you effectively manage and delegate to your team day to day, you can also identify talent, inspire and develop those around you
- You’re business-minded, commercially astute and can demonstrate concrete examples of sales and business growth in your career to date
- A confident and articulate communicator, you’ll be familiar with delivering presentations, and possess a well-developed range of interpersonal and relationship building skills, along with IT skills including MS Office and CRM
- You’ll demonstrate excellent market knowledge, using analytical tools and data to plan and forecast, be up to speed with market trends and the competitive landscape
- Empowered and confident, you can make sound business decisions (and difficult decisions)
- The role requires you to be a natural networker, and you present yourself accordingly, whether to potential customers / decision makers, competitors or industry leaders and influencers
- You will embrace change and be receptive to new ideas in an ever-changing market
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? We’re keen to hear from motivated individuals who have a strong desire to succeed and want to manage and develop a successful business. Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself directly to email@example.com