The future of British farming is going through some of the biggest changes in living memory, with demand for food production reaching unprecedented levels.
Demand continues to increase with retail lamb sales rising to 15.9% as well as demand in the middle east being higher than ever because of the lower production figures in New Zealand and Australia.
You will be joining one of the biggest food processing companies in Europe, supplying lamb and mutton throughout the UK, Europe and globally. This role is all about relationships, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining excellent relationships with farmers, suppliers and collection centres.
What will this role involve?
- Working to production requirements, purchasing appropriate livestock.
- Out on farm, providing support on breeding, selection and nutrition.
- Working to animal welfare legislation and company requirements.
- Keep excellent records, liaise with all departments to ensure a smooth process.
You and your requirements;
- Prior experience working in livestock procurement.
- Practical livestock experience.
- Personable, able to easily build rapport with the farming community.
- Excellent understanding of the British sheep industry.
- Self- motivated, results driven and adaptable.
The Offer: A competitive salary with excellent career prospects will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please call Lauren Holloway on 01885 485527 or email an up to date copy of your CV (In Word Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation