WHAT’S THE JOB? DIESEL ENGINE TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A customer service-oriented organisation working at the highest level of technical support, representing a world-class diesel engine manufacturer whose products are used in a wide variety of industrial and off-highway applications and sectors including mining, marine, construction, generators and remote power, offshore, forestry, military and agriculture.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Diesel engines
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent earnings potential, quality service vehicle plus bonus and benefits
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? The Company is based in Central England and the role requires regular travel throughout the UK
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? Part of a small team of technical specialists with first-class diesel engine technical know-how and a highly customer focused approach, this is a role where minimising downtime through high standards of work is the principal objective. You will travel regularly to a variety of environments through the UK to provide a technical solution to various breakdown situations as well as regular servicing and maintenance schedules.
Thorough and regular training is integral to the position in order to maintain the high levels of expertise for which the Company is recognised, and it enjoys a close working relationship with the Company’s production, engineering and quality control departments and access to online service tools, parts and warranty systems. For the right candidate, the role could also include day-to-day running of the Company’s service function.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’ll be trained to a high standard in industrial diesel engine technology either to degree level or via a technical apprenticeship
- Your technical experience should be up to date in terms of current technologies, with in-depth knowledge of engines and engine management systems, electrohydraulic systems and complex diagnostic processes
- You’ll be customer service focused, upholding a positive, can-do attitude to all repair and breakdown situations
- You’ll be flexible on travelling, sometimes at short notice
- Your career background will be from within the marine, military, construction and heavy plant or agricultural machinery sectors – you’ll be passionate about medium to high horsepower diesel engines
- We’ll need to know that you take pride in your work and will go the extra mile to get the job done, keeping calm under pressure in a fast=paced work environment
- Experience in running a team of engineers or service department would be useful but not essential – this role is all about customer and task management skills
- You’ll have a good personal collection of hand tools including spanners, sockets etc – specialist tools will be provided
- Your communication and interpersonal skills should be well developed, you’re good at relationship building, and you have a good all-round standard of IT literacy
- You’ll be resident in or prepared to relocate to Central England, possess a clean driving licence and have the flexibility and desire to travel regularly within the UK
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a motivated individual keen to progress your career with one of the key players in the global diesel engine market and have top-level technical and customer service skills we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), a little bit about you and your career to date. You can send it directly to us on firstname.lastname@example.org