WHAT’S THE JOB? SEED SALES MANAGER - POTATOES
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? This family owned major European business has been established nearly 100 years and its UK representation markets c30,000 tonnes of seed annually. The quality and value of the company and its varieties stems from the knowledge, experience, skills and dedication of the team. Driven by passion and the desire to be the best, this company delivers the highest quality standards in the sector.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? SEED POTATOES
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Competitive Package + vehicle, Pension + usual benefits
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? Midlands Home Based – to cover South Wales and South West
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE?
- You will progress with a structured and detailed program from the best in the business, enabling you to develop your region, expand the territory and learn new skills
- There will be a lot of travel throughout the area to growers and customers to understand their needs and concerns to add value to your services you are able to offer
- Visit growers, inspect and report on their growing and storage conditions, being able to offer advice through your resources
- You will be an expert on growing and storing seed potato and also be able to sell and trade in the sector
- There will be opportunities for networking and expanding your knowledge and presence in the sector. You will be expected to attend many events both in the UK and overseas to build your network of contacts
- There will be an element of the marketing, social media and database management included within the role so you should be aware of how to use these to best effect
- This role is open to trainees and experience individuals within the industry
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- Degree level education preferred
- Excellent potato knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Seed experience and/or sales is a distinct advantage
- Computer literacy essential (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Social Media)
- Strong organisational, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance/manners
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to email@example.com and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.