WHAT’S THE JOB? EXPERIENCED DESIGN ENGINEER – AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? A leading UK manufacturer of specialist precision-focused agricultural machinery at the forefront of technical innovation and in receipt of various industry awards and accolades through its pioneering product development strategy.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Generous salary depending on experience
WHERE IS THE ROLE LOCATED? South Lincolnshire / North Cambridgeshire
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE ROLE? An excellent opportunity for an experienced and practically-minded design engineer with first-class knowledge of hydraulic systems and mechanical engineering, you will be joining a dynamic team of design professionals focused on the development of new products and enhancement of existing equipment. Key areas of responsibility will include hydraulic system design and development, modelling fully assembled machines, producing working drawings including hydraulic schematics, completing FEA on components and assemblies and you will be expected to contribute positively to the overall company design culture.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re an experienced engineering design professional (10 years plus) with extensive 3D CAD skills from a recognised CAD system
- Your career history will preferably include experience in the agricultural machinery sector in order to fully understand the working environment of the Company’s products, however experienced candidates with a strong mechanical / hydraulic engineering background in other sectors are certainly of interest
- You’re mechanically minded, from a hands-on practical background, showing a thorough knowledge of machine function, materials, fabrication and assembly processes
- You’ll ideally have a recognised qualification (HND or higher) in Engineering Design although career experience giving you the necessary expertise and competence will be highly valued
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, resourceful and focused on achieving results within a given timeframe and a strong ability to relate designs to practical in-field operation and performance
- You have a positive self-starter mentality, capable of working effectively in and contributing to a team environment and the ongoing development of existing and new products
- You’ll have good all-round communication and interpersonal skills, along with a high standard of IT literacy
- Resident in or prepared to relocate to South Lincolnshire / North Cambridgeshire
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a motivated and suitably experienced individual keen to progress your career with one of the key UK agricultural machinery OEMs we’d love to hear from you! Send us a copy of your latest CV (in complete confidence), and a little bit about yourself. You can send it directly to us - email@example.com