WHAT’S THE JOB? AGRICULTURAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? Ord Agricultural Equipment is a family-owned agricultural machinery dealership representing the Kubota franchise and other key brands including Versatile, Goldacres and Krone, located in Kununurra, on the eastern edge of the beautiful Kimberley region of Western Australia. The local area is home to a diverse range of farming activities, from livestock to hay, fruit and more, feeding from the Ord River Irrigation Scheme and attracting continued economic investment. With ongoing expansion, a large sales area for the Kubota franchise and the recent opening of an additional branch to support products across in the Northern Territory, the Company has good growth potential and would welcome suitably qualified candidates to further strengthen their service and aftersales capacity.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Agricultural machinery and related equipment
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? Western Australia (North)
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? Providing front line technical support to a large geographical customer base, this role is a great opportunity for a trained, experienced service technician with ambition, horizons and initiative to relocate to a stunning part of Australia. You’ll bring a European or North American technician’s skillset and a passion for the great outdoors in return for a great earnings potential as well as being situated on the doorstep of some of Australia’s most breath-taking scenery with amenities and outdoor lifestyle to suit.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re an experienced agricultural service technician at least 5 years on from your apprenticeship, trained to a high standard in tractor servicing and repairs (a Kubota background is useful but not essential)
- You’ll be familiar with the use of modern plug-in diagnostic equipment as well as good all-round mechanical, electrical and hydraulic engineering knowledge
- Able to work within a team environment as well as on your own initiative – you’re comfortable working in the workshop as well as in the field
- You’re a natural problem solver, resourceful and full of initiative, with a strong commitment to upholding high standards of customer service
- You communicate clearly with colleagues and customers (you must be fluent in English), have good interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to attract new customers to the business where appropriate
- You hold a clean driving licence; experience in operating agricultural machinery would also be useful
- Serious about relocation (this is a permanent role and not just a summer job), you’ll be prepared to commit 100% to an exciting new start
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? Hopefully appealing to your sense of adventure, and you have the core up to date agricultural engineering skills, wanderlust and healthy problem-solving mindset, please email your CV directly to us – firstname.lastname@example.org