We are recruiting for a General Farm Worker for an agricultural university in Reading (RG6).
The role is pig-focused but includes general farm work. The chosen candidate will act as relief for the pig unit and generally assist with other activities, which can be variable but mainly involve cattle duties (feeding, handling, milking).
This vacancy would suit a relatively inexperienced stockperson who is flexible in approach and willing to learn and take on various duties, plus some telehandler work may be required.
Salary guide: £20,000 - £25,000 doe
- 36 hour week
- Requested overtime (e.g. weekend rota, every 2nd weekend) would be paid at time x1.5
- Paid holiday
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Flexibility with work schedules
- Support any relevant aspect of professional development
- Single person accommodation