Job title: Agri-Commodity Broker
About CS Commodity Solutions Ltd.
Commodity Solutions has been involved in the supply of grains and feedstuffs for over 20 years and has built up an impressive, long-standing client base.
We work on behalf of food and drink producers, shippers, merchants and traders; bridging the gap between buyers and sellers by sourcing and marketing grains and feedstuffs for processing into finished goods/products. Our clients are spread across the UK, Europe and further afield. We do not trade the commodities we deal in, but rather facilitate trade between buyers and sellers, providing insightful market information and price transparency.
We are looking for a Broker to join our growing team, helping us to continue to develop sustainable solutions for existing and new clients.
In this role:
- you will become a valued member of a cross-functional team;
- you will collaborate with colleagues to identify trading opportunities and marketing solutions for established and new clients;
- you will eventually identify opportunities by working end-to-end across the broking process and develop these opportunities to facilitate trade, issuing contracts which will be tracked through to execution;
- you will learn, working with others across all four of our broking platforms (milling & malting grains, feed grains, feedstuffs and biomass) to understand better our clients’ complex needs;
- you will develop your skills and expertise as a broker, eventually becoming fully responsible for one or more commodities.
Working as an agri-commodities broker requires an ability to handle stressful situations and make informed decisions quickly. Desirable strengths include good interpersonal and communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. Financial acumen and a knack for numbers are needed to evaluate potential trades. Being a dispassionate negotiator and having a solid understanding of international commodity markets will be useful attributes to facilitate and promote business, and ultimately execute trades by connecting buyers and sellers.
A desire to learn new and hone existing skills is important. You’ll be surrounded by experienced brokers who have moved by choice from trading, production and shipping roles to form an experienced brokerage team.
Please provide a CV which helps us understand your approach and experience so far. Ideally, it will show us your attitude towards your work and what you have learned, rather than just a list of roles and qualifications.
Let us know if you have (all of these are desirable, but none are required):
- A working knowledge of the agri-commodity industry and international trade.
- A personable ‘can do’ attitude, someone who will go the ‘extra mile’ to complete a task.
- Experience in procurement, trading or sales.
This is a permanent, full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK at our Salisbury offices. The successful applicant can expect:
- A competitive salary based on your level of experience – reviewed annually.
- A generous commission scheme with no upper limit.
- Company bonus scheme – subject to performance.
- On-site parking.
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Health Insurance.
How to apply:
Please forward your CV and covering letter to us at email@example.com or call on 01722 782788 to discuss this opportunity in more detail. Let us know if you require anything which would help your success throughout our interview process.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.