MDCV UK has a vision to bring the finest English and Provençal wines to the UK market. We have a long history of producing award-winning Provence Rosé and English Sparkling Wines, with an extensive infrastructure, both in France and the UK. We will be the largest producer of wine in each of these regions by 2024, with a combined production of over 10 million bottles annually.
Our French estates span over 1000 acres and are already established in many global markets, with sales of over 4 million bottles. In the UK, we are establishing the largest single vineyard site, based in Kent, and plan to be in full production from 2024.
As a business, we strive for innovation and use many cutting-edge techniques in our vineyards and winemaking. The ambition and scale of what we do allows us some of the most efficient operations in the world, while still producing high quality wine of award-winning standard.
We have a passion for sustainability and manage all our vineyards organically, while also employing pioneering techniques to minimise our impact on the environment, such as composting organic waste, harvesting rainwater and heating our sites using natural sources, such as ground source heat pumps.
While learning from our history and building for our future, we plan to revolutionise the English wine industry for the better.
To carry out all key tasks on the vineyards throughout the season. This includes pruning, cleaning and weeding and making sure the canopy systems are as strong as possible. This will lead to the highest quality and volume yields.
You will be responsible for…
- All handwork in the vineyard, including but limited to pruning, tying down, weeding and Harvest in the later summer/autumn
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Ability to handle practical outdoor , manual work of all types
- Organized, dependable and practically oriented team player
- Quick learner and efficient high sense of urgency
- Able to work well under pressure
- Be part of an exciting and disruptive English Sparkling wine producer
- Be part of a team that will manage the largest vineyard in the UK
- Heavily subsidised full board at only £50 per week, including room (shared with up to 2 others), meals 6 days per week and access to leisure activities when not working including Sky TV, table tennis, pool and a variety of other games indoor and outdoor
- Full workwear provided including shoes, jackets, shirts/t-shirts and trousers
- Training in all aspects of viticulture and farm management, with real transferable skills and accreditations
- Generous salary
- Generous staff discount on wine and food at our sites
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.