Product Sales Specialist - Precision Agriculture
Location: Langar, Langar / Nottingham, GB, NG13 9HT
Company: John Deere
John Deere is recruiting for a Product Sales Specialist - Precision Agriculture to cover the UK and Irish markets. The position will significantly support the development and delivery of sales promotion for Precision Agriculture products/solutions to our dealer network. The role will concentrate on increasing dealer competence by applying the Deere Sales, Marketing and Dealer Development tools. It will include conducting local, regional and in-house training sessions to dealers on Precision Agriculture, both onboard and offboard technologies. Extensive travel will be required.
The role of Product Sales Specialist – Precision Agriculture, is to provide leadership for product and agronomic solutions systems, technical advice as well as sales assistance to channel partners, to achieve a profitable market share growth in the business sector (i.e., sprayers, harvesters, crop systems, Ag Management Solutions-AMS, etc.).
You will work with the appropriate Territory Manager on areas such as dealer development, marketing analysis, and planning and will have shares sales revenues responsibility related to the assigned product. They will also serve as a mentor and coach to less experienced sales specialists.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead the development and delivery of product sales promotion and agronomic solutions to channel partners and end users to maximise sales and meet customer needs.
- Counsel and develop channel partners regarding product, agronomic solutions, sales and marketing related matters to optimise capabilities.
- Provide sales support to channel partners with direct customer contact through specialised product expertise to support the market share targets in line with the strategic goals.
- Present and demonstrate agronomic solutions at key events and shows.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with appropriate internal and external work groups.
- Lead major initiatives, special projects and develop advanced training materials.
- Establish the interface with sales branches, factory marketing, product planning and channel partners to provide accurate data and analysis to improve product market intelligence, product performance and promote sales activities on specific products.
- Provide feedback to other business units on customer and channel partner product improvement requests for agronomic solutions.
- Lead communication and training to increase awareness and adaptation of farming systems solutions.
The successful candidate will have an Agricultural Engineering degree or similar and will possess a good knowledge of agriculture and agricultural practices, specifically precision farming, teamed with the proven ability to operate agricultural machinery.
You will have the ability to develop and deliver sales promotions to channel partners and end users to maximise sales and meet customer needs. You will also be able to provide accurate data and analysis to improve product market intelligence, product performance and promote sales activities on specific products.
In addition, we require:
- Willingness to travel.
- Skill in project management.
- Knowledge of agriculture sciences.
- Knowledge of products and services offered by the appropriate area of responsibility.
- Statistical analysis knowledge.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills.
- Knowledge of information systems including Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of dealers and other channels.
- Experience and understanding of Agriculture in the UK & Ireland.
- Proven ability to deliver presentations and training to customers or dealers in large or small groups.
There must be a flexible approach to working some irregular hours and a willingness to travel within the UK/Ireland and occasional visits abroad. A clean driving license is desirable.
Closing date: 4 February 2022.
John Deere is an equal opportunities employer.
You can apply for this role and view other UK vacancies by clicking the Apply Button.