Our Client Tarff Valley, originally founded in 1903, continues to be a highly successful Farmers co-operative in South Scotland with a sales turnover of over £70 million and 120 employees. Due to upcoming retirement and internal progression, Tarff Valley wish to recruit an Agronomist to work alongside and support the Sales team as well as develop their own business in their trading area.
This excellent career opportunity has arisen in the South Scotland for an established BASIS qualified agronomist - ideally BASIS and FACTS qualifies.
What is Tarff looking for?
- An ambitious, enthusiastic self-starter
- Someone who is able to work alone as well as part of a larger team
- A confident individual who is determined and flexible
Key tasks include:-
- Up to date knowledge of cereal crops and grassland husbandry essential.
- Provide agronomic technical guidance and support regarding crop nutrition and crop requirements on a variety of cereal and root crops, maize, grassland, and forage crops to customers and work closely with colleagues
- To prepare sales plans to help bring the best customer experience possible.
- Help maintain and build strong relationships with existing and developing business
- Promote a range of quality grass & cereal seeds and encourage customers to become members of the co-operative.
- Good standard of numeracy and IT Literate
- Be willing to travel throughout the trading area when required.
- FACTS qualified or willing to pass fertiliser FACTS certificate.
- An agricultural based qualification would also be desirable.
Tarff Valley Website :- www.tarffvalley.co.uk
For established home-based agronomists, the area can be Southern Scotland with emphasis around Dumfries, Lockerbie, and Borders area - please ring for location