An excellent career opportunity has arisen in North East Scotland for trainee agronomist or an experienced arable person wishing to become a commercial agronomist and willing to pass BASIS.
Candidates are likely to have previous experience in the Agricultural and Arable Sector or may have worked in Farm Management, Agronomy, Field Trials, Estate Management or similar and now be ready to progress into a sales and marketing role
Job role Requirements :-
- Relevant degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related plant science A foundation BASIS qualification would be advantageous.
- Sound technical knowledge of and passion for UK Agriculture and arable farming
- Up to date knowledge of cereal crops and grassland husbandry essential.
- Willing to train and pass the BASIS qualification within 12 months.
- Previous experience of building relationships with or selling agricultural products to farmers and growers.
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal and good negotiation skills.
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-starter.
- A good standard of numeracy and IT Literate
- Able to work autonomously.
- Full UK driving licence
Appropriate training will be given and the successful candidate supported will be mentored by the company’s senior agronomist
- An agri-business qualification would be an advantage
- A good standard of numeracy
- A good understanding of arable farming
- IT Literate
- Excellent communicator
- Full UK Driving Licence
North East Scotland in the arable areas North of Edinburgh