Head of Sales & Business Development - Fertilizers
North East or Home Based, UK
c £80k to c £85k plus car, bonus and benefits
Part of a substantial and highly successful c £6bn global corporation, our client operates at the pinnacle of this dynamic and challenging industry. Operating in a unique integrated business model, this formidable corporation manufacture and supply customers with a wide range of high-performance fertilizers and agricultural products and solutions in an evolving and changing marketplace.
Growth and investment remain firmly on the agenda and as such, this is an extremely exciting time to be joining the organisation. This is a high impact role and hence we are now looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Sales & Business Development – Fertilizers to lead an exciting growth agenda and to develop sustainable agricultural solutions for customers.
- This pivotal new position demands an individual with the commercial acumen and intellectual horsepower to create innovative solutions to bring sustainable competitive advantage.
- Either home or North East based and managing a small team, you will formulate and execute the sales and commercial strategy for the UK and Ireland and will be responsible for market opportunities, business development, sales execution, key account management and marketing activities.
- There are significant market opportunities to maximise and as such you will create an innovative commercial plan focused on the UK and Ireland Fertilizer marketplace.
- You will develop the market for the Fertilizer and Speciality Agriculture business unit, focusing on competition, routes to market and pricing strategy whilst creating alignment with customers including; manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and the farming community.
- You will ensure that the business offer is highly relevant and has the capabilities to feel and sense market trends in order to execute a differentiated ‘go to’ market strategy to increase market share and profitability.
- To drive high impact leadership and direction, creating empowerment and facilitating staff performance.
- This dynamic position demands an exceptional individual who enjoys a growth agenda, a highly visible role whilst also developing their career within this market leading organisation.
- You will have extensive experience of the agricultural/agronomy industry within the UK and Ireland where you will have significant commercial and sales expertise.
- As such, you will most likely be working for a manufacturer, distributor or wholesaler, where you will have substantial knowledge of the appropriate marketplace i.e. fertilizers, seeds, crop protection (insecticides, pesticides, herbicides), animal feed, agrochemical, regenerative/organic agriculture etc. Alternatively, you may also be working as an Agronomist or within a senior commercial role within the farming community with significant expertise either within a commercial, marketing or agronomy position.
- Tactical, commercial and credible in equal measure, you will be a forward-thinking character and value the opportunity to genuinely make your mark and lead the business to maximise significant commercial opportunities.
- This is a superb opportunity to be genuinely involved in influencing the shape and size of the business unit and you will relish the opportunity to develop your career in an organisation where outstanding opportunities exist for high performers.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/328 to; firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.