UK Agriculture Manager, Hull
Nomad Foods Europe/Birds Eye
Competitive salary, car allowance and excellent benefits package
At Nomad Foods, we are excited to be into our 5th year of growth. Our portfolio of iconic brands, which include Birds Eye, Findus, Iglo, Aunt Bessie’s, Goodfella’s as well the newly acquired Frikom and Ledo brands have been part of consumers’ meals for generations. With 22 world class manufacturing sites and over 8000 colleagues globally, we are well positioned to fulfil our company purpose of Serving the World with Better Food.
The UK Agriculture Manager has the vital role of sourcing vegetables for freezing at the required cost, quality and volume for all Nomad Foods Europe’s branded products (Birds Eye in the UK).
The successful candidate will manage the UK pea operation based in Hull as well as leading the Agriculture Field Team and overseeing the management of the long-term relationships with farmers, the interface with the processing facility and the Birds Eye Marketing team. There will also be scope for additional sourcing responsibilities for selected other vegetables in the UK.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Budget management of the Hull pea cost, direct and indirect
- Be the key link between the Birds Eye Market and the Agriculture operation
- Be the driving force and key part of Nomad Agriculture’s Sustainability journey, delivering tangible impact in the UK operation.
- Drive optimised and efficient operations whilst scoping and integrating new technologies
- Lead the team with purpose, living by clear personal and organisational values. Supporting the team in their personal development goals
- Agreeing the long-term strategic direction with the Agriculture Leadership team
- Manage the high-level relationship with the growers’ cooperative
- In-season harvest leadership (Jun/Jul/Aug)
- Act as an ambassador for the Hull pea operation both internally and externally
- Be a key member of and add value to the Group Agriculture Function
Applicants will hold a degree level in Agriculture or Crop Science and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex crop management preferably with some previous experience in vegetable freezing operations and BASIS crop protection.
You will be an experienced people manager with outstanding relationship building skills. Excellent negotiation and organisations skills are also vital for this role.
At Nomad Foods we're proud to represent the world we serve by hiring diverse talent. Our inclusive culture is all about what we can achieve together.
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button.