Are you a seasoned vineyard manager aspiring to lead growing operations for a premium UK heritage brand? Do you possess a desire to be 'hands-on' and involved in all aspects of the grape growing business? If so, we'd be interested to hear from you.
Our client, a prominent producer growing traditional champagne varietals, is seeking an experienced Vineyard Manager to run their 8 hectare site. With 1 hectare currently producing fruit and 7 hectares planted in 2018 and 2019, you will nurture the vineyard back to it's full potential.
Situated on a scenic private estate in an AONB, the vineyard has potential to produce 4000 kg of grapes per hectare.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Oversee weed/disease control
- Monitoring and maximising yields
- Maintain and utilise crop production data
- Undertake quality assurance
- Machinery operations and maintenance
- Recruit and manage seasonal staff
- Maintenance work on the wider estate (during off season)
- Managing administrative side of the operation
- Liaise with owners, winemakers, suppliers and buyers
What you will possess:
- Full driving licence
- Tractor and machinery experience
- PA1/PA3/PA6 (desirable)
- Personal licence holder for alcohol (desirable)
- A practical, hands on approach
- Good organisational skills
- A clear work ethic and integrity
- Ability to build relationships
What you can expect:
- Highly competitive basic salary to do justice to skill/experience level
- Robust performance bonus structure
- 25 days annual leave
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.