Have you a solid practical grounding in agricultural management along with a passion and drive to maximise the potential of a 400 acre estate? Do you have an entrepreneurial flair together with an interest in regenerative agriculture, renewables and other diversification opportunities? If so, this role may be of interest.
Our client owns a 400 acre estate in a scenic, rural corner of Shropshire. They're seeking an ambitious Farm Business Manager to work in partnership with the owner to develop and deliver a strategy and business plan to optimise the agricultural, leisure and commercial potential of the estate. You will take a 'hands on' approach to managing the estate, currently a mixture of woodland, arable and amenity land.
Whether you're towards the beginning of your agricultural management career or a more experienced professional, your passion for sustainable agriculture will be self-evident and you will act in a consultancy capacity to the owner. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking to benefit from the long-term success of a rural business.
What your 'day-to-day' will look like:
- Develop a business plan to maximise the agricultural, leisure and commercial potential of the estate
- Plan finances and budget / monitor progress against budget
- Undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, feeding livestock (if appropriate) and spraying fields
- Responsibility for purchasing inputs and supplies as required
- Arrange the maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
- Manage estate commercial properties
- Manage estate residential properties
- Manage woodland
- Plan staffing to meet business needs
- Recruit, train, mentoring and manage staff as required
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity
- In conjunction with the book keeper, assist in maintaining financial records
- Keep abreast of government grants / subsidy schemes and submit applications
What you will possess:
- Agricultural management degree (or equivalent in a related field)
- Strong practical agricultural experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of agricultural management experience
- A demonstrable entrepreneurial flair
- Aptitude and passion for farm business diversification
- Sound grasp of various relevant agricultural initiatives
- Ability to act in a consultancy capacity
What you can expect:
- Competitive salary and package to reflect your skills and experience
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Strong commitment to your long-term professional development
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Jon Handley on DDI: 01885 485522
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.