Circa £38,090 - depending on skills and experience + company car
Permanent, 37 hours a week
Field Based - covering Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire and West Cambridgeshire
For a greater career just add water!
Would you like to be part of a team that uses your practical farming skills and experience to build a resilient and efficient water supply system for our customers and the environment? You will be working with farmers and land managers to deliver abundant, safe and potable water, which is central to Anglian Waters Catchment Management approach. You will be developing effective solutions to our water quality challenges whilst always promoting and supporting a healthy and productive agricultural sector across the region.
What will you be doing?
As a Catchment Advisor you will facilitate a measurable improvement in drinking water quality by working directly with farmers and local agricultural stakeholders.
Duties will include:
- Actively developing strong working relationships across a network of farmers, technical advisors, suppliers, local authorities, NGOs and communities in the region
- Delivering relevant agricultural advice on-farm, development and delivery of behavioural change initiatives
- Implementing field trials and investigations of new technologies to support sustainable food production whilst maintaining the provision of safe, raw water.
What does it take to be a Catchment Advisor?
- Proven experience working in the agricultural sector or agronomy/ land management background
- Strong stakeholder management skills you will be someone who can form and maintain lasting working relationships
- Confident communicator both written and verbal and in terms of persuading and influencing
- A clear understanding of new initiatives, measures, schemes and technologies relevant to the delivery of nett zero carbon and nett biodiversity gain in the agricultural sector would be advantageous.
- FACTS and BASIS are highly advantageous but not essential
- Possess a technical mindset in relation to delivering advice to improve agricultural business practices
- Organised and methodical mindset
- Competent user of IT, with strong presentation skills
- Full driving licence
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- Life cover- 8 x annual salary paid to dependents
- 26 days annual leave – rising with length of service as well as bank holidays with the option to swap Christmas and Easter holidays for those celebrated by your religion
- Flexible working dependent on your role
- Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle
Why Anglian Water?
Here at Anglian Water, we are striving to do the right thing for our people, customers and our environment. Our culture involves collaborative, innovative and inspiring work putting people at the heart of our business, and we truly love what we do! We believe that equal opportunities mean inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
Closing date: Sunday 5th June
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.