- Are you looking to take on the next steps of your career with a company that supports staff development and encourages innovation?
- Are you a leader who is keen to develop others and share invaluable knowledge?
- Do you want to represent a premium, technical brand whose solutions not only promote forward-thinking sustainability but also a healthy return on investment for our farmers?
As a Regional Sales Manager for our client, you will be responsible for supporting and managing the field based commercial team in the South West region (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset). The role will require focus on leading the team to exceed regional sales targets alongside a longer-term view to establish and grow the company philosophy around nutrient-efficiency and sustainable farming. The Regional Manager also forms part of the UK Management Team which meets on a regular basis to discuss and implement business strategy in addition to forging improved ways of working.
- Promoting the Unique & Premium Product Range in close liaison with regional and national distributors
- Daily management of existing sales team and current distribution partners
- Supporting team members with nutrient management plans until they are FACTS qualified, coaching them on how to produce and present plans which are fit for each farm enterprise
- Organising monthly regional meetings where technical training and continual development is provided to your team
- Building new distribution channels on a local, regional and national level for the business, enhancing its commercial development and brand awareness in the UK
- Leading in the delivery of new starter inductions and existing team training activities
- Understanding current markets to ensure that you and your team are always up to date with industry knowledge (including regulatory requirements)
- Representing the company at industry events and shows
- Key responsibility for the overall regional P&L
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably expected by Country Manager
As a successful candidate you will have:
- Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or other agri-business related fields
- Experience managing and supporting a team (or the desire to do so as the next step of your career)
- Strong agricultural background, communication skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to build good relationships with farmers and agri-businesses
- Great organisational, planning and problem-solving capabilities
- A full, clean UK Driving License
- BASIS or FACTS certification (or willing to work towards this)
Below is a list of just some of the benefits we have to offer…
- Base Salary (£35,000 to £45,000)
- Tiered Bonus Scheme
- Company Car + Fuel Card + Phone + Laptop + Tablet
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Life insurance (lump sum x3 basic salary death in service)