I am looking for someone with experience of selling wholesale Equestrian and animal husbandry products into the export market. This is your chance to demonstrate your skills to develop business on the international stage to manage and grow the export business of a leading Animal Health and Equestrian Brand.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will identify, explore and developing new customer relationships and opportunities. Alongside, further developing the current base of 175 international customers, where there is still significant potential for growth. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small team with substantial experience in this field; you will be part of the management structure driving this business further into the lead within the Animal Health and Equine sector.
My client manufactures over 1000 products, stocks over 15,000 SKUs of leading Animal Health and Equine brands and supplies over 2000 retailers and growing. They also export to over 40 countries with both own brand and contact manufacture products in the equine, farm, animal health and animal husbandry industry.
The ideal candidate will be working for an equestrian or animal health brand selling products internationally and looking for a new challenge.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Exploring international opportunities in currently untapped territories and regions.
- Initiating and maintaining contact with the new and existing customer base.
- Identify and maximise opportunities within current product portfolios, and any opportunities associated with these, be that wholesale or contract manufacture.
- Explore and implement opportunities to drive new channels for Own brand Horse and Rider wear on the international stage.
- Negotiate associated pricing.
- Ensure compliance with all UK and foreign government laws.
- Communicate with all key stakeholders including Directors and internal staff to ensure timely implementation.
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of the Equestrian/Animal Health industry is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years recent and proven experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of all Export documentation required for air and sea freight, and experience of freight management is essential.
- Demonstrably high level of business acumen & problem solving, with the ability to quickly assess customer needs, identify potential opportunities and secure sales.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Demonstrate superior negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to intermediate level or above.
- Highly organised and able to manage a busy and wide-ranging workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a number of competing priorities and tight timescales.
- Clean UK driving licence.
The Offer: A competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate with the right experience.
Need to know more?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jadine Huxtable on 01885 485525 or email your CV to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.