WHAT’S THE JOB? FIELD SERVICE AND PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
WHO’S THE EMPLOYER? An importer and distributor of high value specialist and innovative equipment focused on increased efficiency in forestry and other related sectors.
WHAT’S THE INDUSTRY? Forestry / plant / specialist construction machinery
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED? Excellent earnings package plus fully equipped high quality service vehicle
WHAT’S THE LOCATION? Company HQ in the North of England (with regular travel throughout the UK)
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THE ROLE? A highly varied customer service role requiring top level technical skills from the construction, agricultural or forestry machinery sectors or similar, you will be joining a small team of specialists supporting a high population of equipment designed for use in challenging environments across the UK – both rural and urban.
This is a genuine ‘no two days the same’ role in which initiative, resourcefulness and a strong problem-solving attitude are key, along with the flexibility to travel regularly in support of some highly technologically advanced equipment. A good knowledge of CANbus and plug-in diagnostics is essential, as well as expertise in hydraulics, electrics and mechanical engineering, and could suit someone who has experience in diverse environments such as Antarctica, Eastern Europe, Australasia, Middle East etc.
WHAT QUALITIES DO I NEED?
- You’re an experienced field service technician, trained to a high standard in agricultural or construction machinery engineering, with a minimum of 3 years’ field service experience
- You like solving problems! You’re resourceful, a solution-based thinker who can deliver a ‘first time fix’ in all situations
- Your background could be from a machinery dealership, distributor or OEM, and you possess a recognised engineering qualification (from HND to degree level)
- You’ll have in-depth experience in machinery hydraulic and electrical systems (including CANbus) as well as a well-developed range of practical mechanical engineering skills
- You have good all-round communication and interpersonal skills, can manage customer expectations and provide a high standard of customer service
- You’re used to working in time-sensitive situations where downtime needs to be minimised
- Overseas experience would be of interest, particularly in environments requiring a resourceful approach and where supplies and resources may be in short supply
- You’re well organised, with good planning, administrative and IT skills
- Comfortable with regular travel throughout the UK, you’ll be flexible on nights away from home where required
- Ideally living in Northern or Central England or Southern Scotland (other areas may be considered), you must have a clean driving licence
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? If you’re a skilled field service technician looking for something a little different and a fresh challenge and want to be well rewarded for your expertise, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your up-to-date CV (in complete confidence) and covering notes to email@example.com