We are recruiting an enthusiastic Pig Stockperson/General Farm Worker to join a pig enterprise in Essex CM5.
This position has become available due to the continued growth of this 4th generation family farming business, which operates a 550-sow indoor unit - breeding to finishing unit with just over half the progeny on-site. The multi-site farm spans 700 acres, growing four combinable crops.
The job would suit someone who enjoys variety and could be a new entrant or an experienced farm worker.
The role responsibilities:
- Operating the mill & mix, which has high levels of automation to make all the food for the pigs
- Assisting with movements and maintenance of the feeding herd
- Ensuring high standards of animal health and welfare across the pig unit
- Ensuring compliance with assurance standards
- Ensuring the security of farm sites and the health and safety
- High health, hygiene and welfare standards at all times
- Assisting with keeping the yard clean and tidy
- Holiday cover in other areas
- General farm work as directed by the Line Manager
- Feeding pigs
- Checking livestock
- Moving pigs
- Treating sickness
- Record keeping
- Pressure washing
- Mucking out
- Passionate about working with livestock
- A team player
- Willing to listen & learn
- Able to work under pressure
- On offer is a supportive & progressive working environment
The producer would consider someone with less experience as full in-house training will be given, and any external training where necessary.
Salary: £23,000 - £30,000 DOE
Accommodation is not available, so candidates must be able to commute to CM5.
For further details, please call Roadhogs Recruitment Ltd.
All applications are dealt with in strict confidence, and our applicant service is free. However, not all pig jobs make it to the website, so please consider sending your CV even if you don't see a suitable vacancy.
At this time, we can only accept applications from UK or EU nationals with the right to work in the UK.